The three-way IB2S-AII offers discerning users all the attributes of PMC’s large ATL™ reference active monitors but in a more compact form. They are ideal for high-end reference monitoring in both stereo and surround formats.
The DSP-controlled, Class-D powered cabinets make use of PMC’s ATL™ (Advanced Transmission Line) bass-loading technology, providing a smoothly controlled, high-resolution low-frequency response. Each cabinet features PMC’s hand-built preparatory drivers – the 10-inch carbon-fibre/Nomex™ piston, 75mm fabricdome mid, and the 34mm soft-dome tweeter. The power is supplied by PMC’s ultra-low distortion devices that are conveniently rack mountable, providing HF 275W, MF 550W and LF 1200W of acoustically transparent power.
This single cabinet monitor features user-adjustable HF and LF shelving filters, ±8dB input level trim, and an AES3 digital input, as standard. The input sensitivity of the balanced analogue inputs can also be adjusted from +4dB to +16dB. In addition, the EQ, level trims and analogue/digital input election settings can be adjusted from a distance using an RJ45-connected remote, which is supplied as standard.
• Type: 3-way ATL™ active reference monitor
• Frequency response: 25Hz-25kHz
• Analogue & digital (up 96kHz) inputs
• Power per channel: 2025W (HF 275W, MF 550W, LF 1200W)
• Effective ATL™ length: 2.4m(8ft)
• Maximum SPL: 125dB
• Three personal balance presets for multiple users
• Dedicated vertical and horizontal centre channel versions
• Tailor made, high mass, 33” Studio Frame Stands
DEEPER, CLEARER, CLEANER BASS & MORE
- Greater detail & more natural
- A full, rich sound at any volume level
- Deeper bass from a smaller cabinet
The source of PMC’s legendary natural, realistic sound is the Advanced Transmission Line (ATL) bass-loading technology, professionally proven all around the world.
ATL uses energy generated by the bass unit in a much more intelligent, efficient way than speaker designs based on ported or sealed boxes.
Find out more here